Photographer Workshops & Styled Shoots | Greenhouse & Cottage
If you're a photographer interested in reserving the cottage and/or for a workshop or styled shoot, you're in the right place! Please note: Plant season for the greenhouse is April-October. Booking calendar beginning June 2024. Booking now.
The properties rented are yours for the day. Please let Vaughan House know what you are planning for your shoots, if you plan to bring items in to setup, decor, florals, etc. Our own tables and chairs may be rented for an additional fee. We are happy to provide a recommended vendor list for you that includes local hotels, AirBnbs, catering, restaurants, hair, makeup, things to do locally, etc.
This item CANNOT be used for real weddings, ceremonies, vow renewals, elopements or exchanging vows.
Greenhouse Timeframe: Noon - 9:00pm (Use it or lose it!)
Cottage Quiet Hours: 9:00pm - 8:00am
Monday - Thursday availability only
Cottage Overnight Limit for cottage: 4 with potential for 6
Attendee Limit: 20
GREENHOUSE INFORMATION & RULES:
- The Client will be responsible for any plants and/or pots and/or garden beds damaged during their time spot.
- The Client agrees they will not hold Mitch and Megan Vaughan or Vaughan House liable for any injuries sustained to any person in attendance. The Clients and all guests invited attend and step onto the property at their own risk.
- Payment is non-refundable but is transferrable. We're super flexible with rescheduling!
- Open flames are not allowed.
- Food/drink not allowed inside the greenhouse.
- There is a train that runs close to the greenhouse. The schedule changes daily but usually doesn't last more than 2-3 minutes.
- Be aware of the flagstone and rocks inside. The ground can be uneven and the rocks are a potential trip hazard.
- Please take all trash with you.
- The Client understands the greenhouse is located at Mitch and Megan Vaughan's private residence. Please respect their space as if it were your own!
- You are welcome to use the chicken coop area, greenhouse, garden and potting deck! Please tag us + @cutest_coops if the coop is used. Please do not pick any vegetables/fruit/flowers from the garden, or handle the caterpillars/butterflies.
- Please watch out for our chickens! They are more afraid of you than you are of them.
The weight limit for the hammock is 200lbs. Please use caution when seating two adults.
COTTAGE INFORMATION & RULES:
- The Client understands the check in and check out times are firm, however early and/or late checkout may be available. Please inquire.
- The cottage can sleep up to 2 guests in the master bedroom on the top level, up to 2 guests on the queen pull-out couch on the main level and up to 2 guests on the queen pull-out couch in the den.
- Quiet hours are between 9:00pm - 8:00am. All non-overnight guests must depart by 9:00pm.
- This is an additional non-refundable $250 pet fee for up to 2 small dogs only. Larger dogs may be permitted as Vaughan House approves and allows. The Client is responsible for cleaning up all accidents, inside and outside of the cottage. The Client understands that they will be responsible for paying in full for any items damaged from pets including but not limited to the flooring, furniture, pillows, blankets, tables, chairs, walls, rugs, books, games, etc. This pertains to all Vaughan House belongings outside of the cottage as well.
- The cottage is NOT handicap accessible.
- Children are allowed, however the cottage is NOT child proof and NOT suitable for children without constant adult supervision. The Client will be responsible for any broken or damaged items.
- The cottage is NON-SMOKING. Smoking of any kind is NOT permitted inside. This includes cigarettes, vapes, cigars, etc. Any smoking needs must be done OUTSIDE on the upper or lower patio. All butts must be properly discarded. An additional $500 smoking fee will be charged if this term is not upheld.
- The Client understands there are security cameras outside of the cottage. There are none inside. These cameras are only viewed if an issue arises. We respect your privacy!
- Vaughan House is not responsible for any injuries sustained by any party when using the wood burning stove, the kitchen stove/oven or the outdoor fireplace.
- There is a train that runs close to the cottage. We cannot be held responsible for any noises/sounds from our neighbors or a train.
- There is a running creek by the cottage. Please do not cross into the drainage system that goes under the train track or onto the land on the other side.
- Please do not cross behind the fence.
- Please take all trash to designated trash cans.
- The storage room in the Den is for Vaughan House Employees only.
- The Client agrees to reimburse Vaughan House in full for for any broken, damaged or stolen items, or any damage to the cottage itself. Whether items have been broken, damaged or stolen is at the sole decision of Vaughan House.
By submitting your payment, you and any person that steps onto the property agree to these terms and our TERMS OF SERVICE.
Tag us! @vaughanhouse
You're also able to 'check in' to the greenhouse/cottage on Instagram!